Rachel A. Cruz
Rachel acts as audit partner and nonprofit team leader for Miller Haviland Ketter [MHK]. As a member of the audit team, she coordinates the planning and execution of the majority of MHK’s audit engagements. MHK is committed to continuity of staffing assignments in order to optimize our working relationships with clients from year to year. In that regard, Rachel often works with the client at their offices to achieve engagement objectives and to guide audit staff.
Rachel has over 17 years of public accounting experience, more than half of which has been at MHK. Prior to joining MHK in 2001, Rachel primarily worked on audits, reviews, and collateral monitorings on asset-based lending transactions at McGladrey & Pullen, LLP.
Rachel’s audit and review experience includes engagements with manufacturers, construction contractors, not-for-profit organizations, governmental entities and employee benefit plans. Rachel performs compliance audit services, specifically including A-133, and similar attest services for a variety of organizations in the Kansas City area. She also has experience in corporate, nonprofit and individual tax preparation. Rachel along with MHK’s audit practice partner, James Ketter, responds to all requests for audit proposals.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Missouri & Kansas
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Kansas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Creighton University
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting
- Bachelor of Science, Management Information Systems
Community Service (current and past):
- Catholic Charities, Kansas City – St. Joseph Board of Directors
- Donnelly College Board of Trustees
- Children’s Mercy Hospital Donald H. Chisholm Planned Giving Council
- Creighton University – Alumni Advisory Board