James P. Ketter
Director of Accounting and Auditing
Jim serves as audit partner with the firm of Miller Haviland Ketter [MHK], which he joined in 1994; he also practices extensively in tax planning and compliance, with emphasis upon larger corporate clients and also on business owners and their business entities. Jim began his career in 1976 with a seven-year stint at the firm of Melvin Ketter, PC. He then served as audit manager at the firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Mayer Hoffman McCann until 1992, after which he practiced solo for two years before joining MHK.
Jim serves small business clients in the areas of financial reporting & forecasting, tax planning & compliance, management consulting and litigation support, with significant industry experience in manufacturing, construction contractors, financial services, real estate, agribusiness, retail, distribution, hospitality, high technology, health care, nursing homes and not-for-profit organizations. He has represented businesses and individuals before the IRS, as well as state and local taxing jurisdictions.
Jim graduated from Marquette University with a BSBA magna cum laude with majors in both finance and accounting and an honors program concentration in liberal arts, earning the Beta Alpha Psi Scholarship award as the top accounting student in his graduating class together with memberships in the academic honor societies of Alpha Sigma Nu and Beta Gamma Sigma.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Kansas, Missouri & New York
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Kansas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute of Management Consultants – Past Board Member & Past Program Director
Community Service (current and past):
- Catholic Charities of KC/St. Joseph – Board Chair
- Kansas City Youth Jazz, Inc. – Past Board Chair
- Kansas City Flute Assn – Board Treasurer
- Arts & Humanities Assn of Johnson County – Past Board Treasurer
- Shawnee Mission Education Foundation – Investment Committee Chair & Past Board Treasurer
- Harvesters Community Food Network – Past Board Finance Committee & Past Controller
- Children’s Mercy Cancer Center – Past Board Treasurer
- Leadership Northeast Chamber of Commerce Program – Past Member